Novel Intentions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange Magic - Syd Moore

3 posters

Go down

Strange Magic - Syd Moore Empty Strange Magic - Syd Moore

Post by MakepeaceLovejoy Tue May 30, 2017 12:02 pm

Hello,
I am reading Strange Magic by Syd Moore, it's the first in a trilogy (don't worry we'll only start with one) it's meant to be the next big thing and it was only released in May so I thought I'd get ahead of the game.
Strange Magic is about an Essex girl inheriting a Witch Museum interwoven with the historical story of Essex witches, one witch in particular- Ursula Kemp.
I've read a few of Syd Moore's books before, her books weren't usually the type I'd pick up as they were a bit scary for me, but she was a local author -being an Essex girl myself, so I gave it a chance, and I've read two of her previous books and I was surprised how much I enjoyed them.Very Happy  
I've only read the prologue and first chapter at the moment so I thought I'd pause, and ask all of you if you wanted to do a read along for a month or so. We could discuss the book as we read together.
Tell me what you think.
Jane Very Happy

MakepeaceLovejoy

Back to top Go down

Strange Magic - Syd Moore Empty Re: Strange Magic - Syd Moore

Post by Admin Tue May 30, 2017 2:59 pm

Where can it be picked up?

Admin
Admin

https://novelintentions.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MakepeaceLovejoy Tue May 30, 2017 4:12 pm

I'm reading on my kindle at the moment, it's available on amazon (I can't post a link as I'm too new) so just take out the space.
http ://amzn.eu/3Weyypc
but you can also get it at your local Waterstones.

MakepeaceLovejoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 30, 2017 6:24 pm

Fantastic I have Waterstones vouchers from my birthday and no kids for two days. Mission for tomorrow I think.

Admin
Admin

https://novelintentions.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MakepeaceLovejoy Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:04 pm

Just checking in. I think Strange Magic is amazing so far even the prologue was so gripping and frightening.

MakepeaceLovejoy

Back to top Go down

Post by SarzWix Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:54 am

I'm a big fantasy fan, but I don't really 'do' scary as such. Mild suspense is about as far as I get, so I think I'll give this one a miss.

SarzWix

Back to top Go down

Post by MakepeaceLovejoy Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:24 am

I finished Strange Magic a few days ago and I think I would definitely recommend it. It sucks you in from the very first pages. There were a few twists and turns in there I wasn't expecting. Syd Moore has upped her game from the previous books I've read of hers (The Drowning Pool, Witch Hunt). She adds an element of an action thriller to the usual ghostly encounters. I also enjoyed the romantic suspense between the two protagonists. Though not truly explored as could be warranted it helped move the plot along in certain areas.
Rosie Strange the protagonist has great character and For the first book in a trilogy this reads very well, a complete story in itself but also a lot of unanswered questions. What will happen to the Essex Witch museum? Will it stay or will it go? What will happen between Rosie and Sam? What other legacy might Septimus have left Rosie?

MakepeaceLovejoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum